Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust (HCT) is a young, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation.
Our Trust is one of a new generation of community health service Trusts in the NHS. We are responsible for delivering a wide range of community health services across Hertfordshire. We serve the communities of Broxbourne, Dacorum, West Herts, Hertsmere, North Herts, St Albans, Stevenage, Three Rivers and Welwyn/Hatfield. We also provide children's specialist community services in West Essex.
Our services are well established and we have built up a proud reputation for quality and excellence thanks to the hard work and dedication of our staff.
To become a leading light in the provision of innovative programmes of care which maintain and improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Hertfordshire and other areas served by the Trust.
Our core values
- Care - We put patients at the heart of everything we do.
- Respect - We always respect patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Quality - We strive for excellence and effectiveness at all times.
- Confidence - We do what we say we will do
- Improve - We will improve through continuous learning and innovation.
Strategic Objectives 2012/13
The Trust is committed to delivering ‘high value healthcare’ which we define as having four components:
- Excellent clinical outcomes
- An outstanding patient experience
- Consistent and improving patient safety
- Highly efficient and cost effective
Our objectives are:
- We will support the people we serve to manage their own health and wellbeing.
- We will improve clinical outcomes and enhance patient safety.
- We will support the substantial expansion of community services through the delivery of excellent core services for adults and children and the development of ambulatory services.
- We will use resources efficiently to enhance our ability to improve services.
- We will develop the organisation's capacity to deliver our vision and objectives.
The Trust employs 3,200 staff and is one of the largest employers in the County.
Our staff include health visitors, nurses (general and specialist), doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, psychologists, ophthalmologists, audiologists, podiatrists and dietitians and a range of other health care professionals.
We recognise the importance of the support of our staff in achieving our aims and objectives and enjoy good working relationships with staff groups and their representatives. A comprehensive workforce development plan is in place to underpin this approach.
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, Unit 1a Howard Court, 14 Tewin Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1BW, T. 01707 388000 F. 01707 321840
© Copyright 2010