Quality and Hallmark of our Specialist Diabetes Service
The service is led by a Diabetes Nurse Consultant who is clinically responsible for the Community Hertfordshire Diabetes Specialist Service.
- The Diabetes Nurse Consultant is supported by 14 Diabetes Specialist Nurses (DSN’s) across Hertfordshire. Each DSN will have specialist areas of interest – this will ensure that all aspects of diabetes receive access to the latest treatments and innovations within the specialist service
- Community Consultant Clinics are provided in every locality to give specialist care within the community setting to allow patients to have high quality care locally and reduce the need to travel to hospitals
- Diabetes Specialist Dietitians will have clinic sessions at every locality to allow for expert, high quality care in the community. Dietitians also participate in patient education (DESMOND and DAFNE) and professional education together with the Diabetes Specialist Nurses
- The diabetes team are supported by a team of 5 administrators who coordinate care to ensure a smooth and efficient service
- The Specialist Community Service has a rolling programme of education in place to ensure all GP and Practice / Community Nurses are giving high quality evidence based care
- Nationally recognised education programmes for Type 1 and Type 2 patients with Diabetes are currently in place and we are increasing capacity according to local need.
Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust, Unit 1a Howard Court, 14 Tewin Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1BW, T. 01707 388000 F. 01707 321840
© Copyright 2010